Working to bridge the developer/end-user divide in OpenStack
The Product Working Group will embark on a listening campaign to improve
dialogue between developers and their managers.
How to craft a successful OpenStack Summit proposal
Inspiration, tips and a kick in the pants for the Feb. 9 deadline.
An atomic upgrade process for OpenStack compute nodes
Steve Dake has been involved with the Kolla project, a project to
containerize OpenStack as well as Magnum, a project to provide
containers as a service. In his blog post he talks about containers, how
they are are super useful as an upgrade tool for OpenStack.
Building a cloud career with OpenStack
What can OpenStack do for you? How about helping you along your career?
OpenStack is a growing space and there are more than enough jobs still
to go around for qualified seekers. So how do you go about getting one
of those jobs?
The Road to Vancouver
* Call For Speakers open until February 9 ? DEADLINE APPROACHING
* Applications for OpenStack Travel Support Program
* Vancouver Summit Sponsorships Now Available
* Canada Visa Information
* Official Hotel Room Blocks
* Next batch of invites to Kilo contributors will be sent after a
new milestone is released
* Finding people to work on the EC2 API in Nova
* Vancouver Design Summit format changes
* do we really need project tags in the governance repository?
Deadlines and Development Priorities
* [Keystone] Spec proposal deadline Feb 5
* [Cinder] Cutoff deadlines for cinder drivers: volume drivers
need to have a CI by end of K-3, March 19th 2015
* [nova] Kilo FeatureProposalFreeze 22nd Jan and FeatureFreeze 5th
* [neutron] BPs in Launchpad for Kilo-2
Reports From Previous Events
* OpenStack Nova Mid-cycle Meetup, Day 1
* Day One of the OpenStack Product Management Kilo Midcycle
* OpenStack Nova Mid-cycle Meetup, Day 2
* Day Two of the OpenStack Product Management Kilo Midcycle
Security Advisories and Notices
* Glance user storage quota bypass (CVE-2014-9623)
Tips ?n Tricks
* By Antonio Cimmino: How to install a multi region devstack
* By Tim Bell: Exceeding tracked connections
* By Adam Johnson: Scalable open virtual networking with MidoNet
* By Christian Berendt: Simple auto scaling environment with Heat
The 2015 events plan is now available on the Global Events Calendar
* Jan 31 - Feb 01, 2015 FOSDEM Brussels, BE
* Feb 02 - 03, 2015 Upstream Training in Japan Tokyo, JP
* Feb 02, 2015 OpenStack Seattle Meetup Seattle, WA, US
* Feb 03 - 04, 2015 OpenStack Days Tokyo 2015 Tokyo, JP
* Feb 05, 2015 OpenStack Day in Korea Seoul, Seoul, KR
* Feb 11, 2015 HandsOn Prescriptive Topology Mgr Mountain View,
* Feb 11, 2015 CloudCamp Bangladesh @Digital World Dhaka, BD
* Feb 18, 2015 First OpenStack BW Meetup Stuttgart,
* Feb 19 - 20, 2015 World Techies Forum Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
* Mar 04, 2015 OpenStack Finland meetup Helsinki, Uusimaa, FI
* Mar 11 - 12, 2015 Cloud Expo Europe London, GB
* Mar 26, 2015 PDX OpenStack Hackathon Portland, OR, US
* Apr 08 - 16, 2015 PyCon 2015 Montreal, Quebec, CA
* Apr 13 - 14, 2015 OpenStack Live Santa Clara, CA, US
* Apr 21 - 22, 2015 CONNECT 2015 Melbourne, Victoria, AU
* Apr 22 - 23, 2015 China SDNNFV Conference Beijing, CN
* May 05 - 07, 2015 CeBIT AU 2015 Sydney, NSW, AU
* May 18 - 22, 2015 OpenStack Summit May 2015 Vancouver, BC
* Jun 11, 2015 OpenStack DACH Day 2015 Berlin, DE
* Jul 20 - 24, 2015 OSCON 2015 Portland, OR, US
* Aug 10 - 13, 2015 Gartner Catalyst Conference San Diego, CA, US
* Sep 17, 2015 OpenStack Benelux Conference 2015 Bussum, NL
* Oct 04 - 08, 2015 Gartner SymposiumITxpo Orlando, FL, US
* Nov 15 - 20, 2015 Supercomputing 15 Austin, TX, US
* Swift Feature Highlight - TempURLs
* FOSDEM 2015: Where you can learn more about OpenStack
* Interview with Kenneth Hui: Involvement with OpenStack, thoughts
and future of the Trove project, and more
* Why Fuel now runs on Docker
* OpenStack Crossproject Meeting: Summary and full logs.
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting
questions waiting for answers:
* How to set up a Federation in Openstack Juno?
* Attempt to install Nova-Docker driver on Fedora 21
* how to use keyring?
* Can't get requested routers from kwarg in def sync_routers
* VNC port not open in firewall
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the
various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add
content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please
leave a comment.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...