Hello fellow Stackers,
Below is an aggregated list of upcoming Call for Proposals from various industry events for your consideration in submitting your OpenStack papers or presentations. Please do let me know if any of your papers or posters have been accepted so we can promote your speaking session.
Thank you for your continued support of the OpenStack Foundation.
On behalf of the OpenStack Foundation
USENIX LISA15 Conference
Held in Washington, D.C. on November 8-13, 2015
Call for Submission of Papers and Posters:
• Submissions due: April 17, 2015, 11:59 pm PDT
• Author response period: May 11, 2015–May 17, 2015
• Notification to authors: June 5, 2015
• Final papers and poster abstracts due: August 27, 2015, 11:59 pm PDT
Refereed papers accepted to LISA describe new techniques, tools, theories, and inventions, and present case histories that extend our understanding of system and network administration. They present new ideas, backed by rigorous and repeatable methodology, in the context of previous related work, and can have a broad impact on operations and future research. The LISA juried posters session is a great opportunity to present your work visually, either as a companion to a refereed paper or as a standalone submission displaying work in progress. Posters present the core of your research to a wide audience, providing you with the ability to gain valuable feedback from both industry and academic audiences.
Datacenter and Cloud Management 2015 Workshop
The eighth annual workshop for academic research covers standards and new technologies focusing on the management of platforms, systems and datacenters will be held in Barcelona on November 9, 2015. Papers must be submitted by May 17. For more information on DCM2015, go to the http://dmtf.org/dcm15/papers. Authors are requested to submit either long or short papers via the conference submission software. Submittals are encouraged from on-going research, completed research, and implementation experiences in the following areas covering use cases, solution architecture and interfaces:
· Management of Compute and Storage Clouds
· Managing Service Catalogs and Selecting Service Templates
· Managing SaaS, IaaS and PaaS
· Open Source Management (e.g. OpenStack)
· Orchestrating the Cloud
Storage Developer Conference
SDC is now seeking storage development professionals willing to share their knowledge and experience by submitting your proposal for consideration at SDC.
SDC takes place in Santa Clara, CA on September 21-24, 2015.
Submit a Presentation Proposal Here
Deadline is May 11, 2015
Categories/Topics for consideration for sessions and case studies include:
· Storage Workloads Generated by Apps/Hypervisors/Operating Systems
· Storage Performance
· Solid State Storage, Non–volatile Memory, Persistent Memory, NVDIMM
· Scalable and Distributed Storage Systems
· Development Techniques and Tools
· Leveraging Open Source in Storage Development
Held in Dublin, Ireland on October 5-7, 2015
Submission deadline: June 17, 2015
The Linux Foundation promotes, protects and advances Linux by marshaling the resources of its members and the open source development community to ensure Linux remains free and technically advanced. To help encourage the open collaboration and discussions that are necessary to help Linux successfully compete with closed platforms in the enterprise, mobile, and cloud computing space, we invite our members, technical, business and legal leaders, and anyone who is hoping to make a difference in Linux, open cloud and open source to submit a speaking proposal for CloudOpen Europe. To submit a talk, click here: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudopen-europe/program/cfp
· Operating systems
· Filesystems, Storage, and Big Data
· Open Source Cloud And SDN
· Deployment And Automation Tools
· IaaS and PaaS
Held in Santa Clara, CA on November 3-5, 2015
Call for Papers Deadline June 30, 2015
Despite the economy, cloud computing is doing well. Cloud Computing is not just a buzz term; it's already proving itself as the next wave of technology infrastructure.
The 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3rd-5th, at the Silicon Valley Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of providing or using massively scalable IT-related capabilities as a service using Internet technologies. Some topics include:
· Cloud Enablement
· Cloud Management
· Cloud Computing
· Cloud Internetworking
· And more…
CAMPIT Conference – Cloud Computing Strategies
Held in Chicago, Illinois on October 28, 2015
There is no specific deadline for submissions, but would suggest you submit by June 30th.
Cloud computing can offer enterprises many benefits in terms of financial savings, scale, management and flexibility. At the same time there are other issues that present themselves in a cloud environment including security, compliance, data location, data availability and a host of others.
Click here to submit your paper: http://campconferences.com/Speaking/newindex.htm
Topics that attendees will learn:
· How to Determine Where Cloud Computing Fits in Your Organization
· Choosing Public vs. Private vs. Hybrid Cloud Computing
· Cloud Readiness: What it Takes to Enable the Business for Cloud Consumption
· Cloud Computing: How We Developed and Executed Kellogg’s Global IT Cloud Strategy
· Leveraging the Cloud for More Efficient Network Services
· How IT Can Leverage the Cloud as a Business Enabler for the Enterprise