settingsLogin | Registersettings

[Openstack] Neutron with apache2 wsgi module don't ack rabbitMQ messages

0 votes

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi guys,

another day, another problem :).

  • Icehouse
  • Apache2.4
  • Ubuntu 14.04

I'm scaling our Neutron API endpoints to different servers to reach more
throughput. In this case i decided to use apache2 with WSGI module to
run the server in multi threaded mode to use optimal all CPU cores and
handle more parallel requests.

I create a vHost and a wsgi startup script file

script:

|from neutron.openstack.common import log as logging
from neutron.common import config

logging.setup('neutron')
config.parse(['--config-file', '/etc/neutron/neutron.conf',
'--config-file', '/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2conf.ini'])
application = config.load
paste_app("neutron")|

vhost:

|Listen *:9696

WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/cgi-bin/neutron
WSGIDaemonProcess neutron-public user=neutron group=neutron
processes=3 threads=10
WSGIProcessGroup neutron-public
WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
WSGIPassAuthorization On

LogLevel info
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/neutron-error.log
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/neutron-access.log combined

|

So the server is running well, all requests are working well but i see
on the messaging bus (rabbitmq) unack messages in two queues as far as
the apache2 is running. The unack messages on both queues
(n-lbaas-plugin & q-metering-plugin) is increasing over time. As soon as
i switch to the build-IN webserver of Neutron all messages on both
queues will ack and deliver.

Is there any trick or is that a problem with multi thread ?

Cheers and thanks
Heiko


anynines.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJV8BrMAAoJELxFogM4ixOF8WIH/Aw+nXtaIAzZIyHn6XdvDQqf
P2qDnGO460CtnKVYUBtLxxeTqOj0w2/g7A5ijvAXY97D0dSKmE08xwXFj1XA8zq9
kTT5IKOf6M6OhXkYnNJWVWD+qNSseL8svRrUOhjVCu+PQBlm2k7EDRtyG3OySWQo
M6RR9UvOUWZfnr8FJzA/p/K7Zha4POCoFjW3MxWJ9TC/Gv8+jhhO2HRBHz3H+OTE
abq1CFv8f7/RwDJ1z05ZVoy7QolACLCd2mEAjaUmvAGp+iqy7gU/NRwNagDjExHw
imwEO/DMYppz7//FUWCWQwNlu731sKIKBTx8DX2WeZz//rip0fi4vD8sys8NSsQ=
=HQfo
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


Mailing list: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack
Post to : openstack@lists.openstack.org
Unsubscribe : http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack
asked Sep 9, 2015 in openstack by Heiko_Krämer (840 points)   3 6

3 Responses

0 votes

On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 01:41:00PM +0200, Heiko Krämer wrote:

Hi guys,

another day, another problem :).

  • Icehouse
  • Apache2.4
  • Ubuntu 14.04

I'm scaling our Neutron API endpoints to different servers to reach more
throughput. In this case i decided to use apache2 with WSGI module to
run the server in multi threaded mode to use optimal all CPU cores and
handle more parallel requests.
You can use workers=NN parameter to run more than one server, I can help
you with apache as I never used it to run neutron.

--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333

keybase: http://keybase.io/gfa

responded Sep 9, 2015 by gustavo_panizzo_(gfa (3,080 points)   2 2
0 votes

On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 09:00:17PM +0800, gustavo panizzo (gfa) wrote:
On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 01:41:00PM +0200, Heiko Krämer wrote:

I'm scaling our Neutron API endpoints to different servers to reach more
throughput. In this case i decided to use apache2 with WSGI module to
run the server in multi threaded mode to use optimal all CPU cores and
handle more parallel requests.
You can use workers=NN parameter to run more than one server, I can help
you with apache as I never used it to run neutron.
sorry the parameter is
api_workers=NN

--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333

keybase: http://keybase.io/gfa


Mailing list: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack
Post to : openstack@lists.openstack.org
Unsubscribe : http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack
responded Sep 9, 2015 by gustavo_panizzo_(gfa (3,080 points)   2 2
0 votes

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi Gustavo,

thanks for your reply.

Oh i see it's possible in Icehouse, i thought this option was included
in Juno first.
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/2014.1.5/etc/neutron.conf#L258

But nonetheless, it's very strange issue and i would like to find a
solution.

Regards,
Heiko

On 09.09.2015 15:21, gustavo panizzo (gfa) wrote:
On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 09:00:17PM +0800, gustavo panizzo (gfa) wrote:

On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 01:41:00PM +0200, Heiko Krämer wrote:

I'm scaling our Neutron API endpoints to different servers to reach more
throughput. In this case i decided to use apache2 with WSGI module to
run the server in multi threaded mode to use optimal all CPU cores and
handle more parallel requests.
You can use workers=NN parameter to run more than one server, I can help
you with apache as I never used it to run neutron.
sorry the parameter is
api_workers=NN


anynines.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJV8DS4AAoJELxFogM4ixOFMmMIANYlf3MjVO6ddR+R5XMhdb6B
zKvee7CZv4FOetsu84XFbsyOtDKW5fcxwU5fxguDbqIDMBQnCQtCJUH4sXsF+4s+
iF+KVGOd3KH7CjKluVJEoAHkHqwzSoaMUz0sqwczC/hEsqyy0z17BAtVppuObfHJ
fCoZFDuFBd7ffOpDBGlZh5itUVKAogsUdwsoSX8YPQU7ussgYWBInZJxOSiuGQOV
sbYWk4BR24oX88pAZGL5Nr6r/pMAjqFRUP+DzhrUfd1xsZeb539ScZS4qjDbkOGC
AVG+S4t5YWFcMAonzxHXVIUwFKuX5pnfwQLwuzI3GR84uiApJcNt2NvR5TunQM4=
=hHal
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

responded Sep 9, 2015 by Heiko_Krämer (840 points)   3 6
...