HTML version: http://www.openstack.org/blog/2016/09/openstack-developer-mailing-list-digest-20160916/
Nominations for OpenStack PTLs Are Now Open
* Will remain open until September 18 23:45 UTC
* Submit a text file to the openstack/election repository .
- File name convention: $cyclename/$projectname/$ircname.txt
* In order to be an elgible candidate (and be allowed to vote) you need to have
contributed an accepted patch to one of the program projects during the
* Additional information .
* Approved candidates 
* Elections will start at September 19, 2016 00:00 UTC until September 25 23:45
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-September/103439.html
Ocata Design Summit – Proposed Slot Allocation
* Proposed slot allocation for project teams at the Ocata design summit in
Barcelona  based on requests current PTLs have made and adjusted for limit
* Kendall Nelson and Thierry will start laying out those sessions over the
available rooms and time slots.
* Communicated constraints (e.g. Manila not wanting to overlap with Cinder)
should be communicated to Thierry asap.
* If you don't plan to use all of your slots, let Thierry know so they can be
given to a team that needs them.
* Start working with your team on content you'd like to cover at the summit and
warm up those etherpads!
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-September/103560.html
* A set of OpenStack principles is proposed  to accurately capture existing
tribal knowledge as a prerequisite for being able to have an open and
productive discussions about changing it.
* Last time majority of the Technical Committee were together, it was realized
that there were a set of unspoken assumptions carried and used to judge
- These are being captured to empower everyone to actually be able challenge
and discuss them.
* The principles were started by various TC members who have governance history
and know these principles. This was in attempt to document this history to
commonly asked questions. These are not by any means final, and the community
should participate in discussing them.
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-September/thread.html#103223
API Working Group News
* Recently merged guidelines
- URIs 
- Links 
- Version string being parsable 
* Guidelines Under review
- Add a warning about JSON expectations. 
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-September/thread.html#102746
 - http://governance.openstack.org/election/#how-to-submit-your-candidacy
 - https://governance.openstack.org/election/
 - http://governance.openstack.org/election/#ocata-ptl-candidates
 - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-September/103560.html
 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/357260/5
 - https://review.openstack.org/322194
 - https://review.openstack.org/354266
 - https://review.openstack.org/346846
 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/364460/
OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)